How can you get involved?
There are a number of opportunities for Milton Keynes residents, community organisations, and schools to get involved in the project. These are:
- NEW! #MKExplorers Online – Play Now!
- New Town Toolkit Video Tours and Trails Workshop – Register for Autumn 2020
MK Explorers Prize Draw Launched for Summer Holidays!
Calling all budding MK Explorers! Now you have the chance to win a prize as part of our new town heritage online social media activities!
Thanks to the National Heritage Lottery Fund and Lottery Players, MK Council and MK City Discovery Centre have three different prize opportunities – participate and you could be in with a chance to win a Centre:MK gift card!
All you have to do is 3 simple steps to become an MK Explorer:
- Visit the New Town Heritage Explorers website and use the tips and resources to research your local heritage around you;
- Watch our YouTube Tutorials to help you create a really great Twitter post, and
- Take part in your chosen #MKHomeDesignCity activity.
If the activity you post online as a MK Explorer is selected for the September Online Exhibition your name will go into the prize draw for a £100 Centre:MK Gift Card.
You can chose from:
- #MK2050City in a Box – Be acreative recycler and wow us with
your craft skills and knowledge of MK! Don’t forget to use #MK2050City when
- #MK2050City Draw – Are you a Visionary Architect of the Future? Draw your Future MK and post it online!
Don’t forget to use #MK2050City when posting 😊
- #MKVirtualDesignTrail – Take 4 photos that you think represents the
heritage of your new town then link them into a trail with 220 Twitter
characterstelling everyone why the places are significant. Don’t forget to use #MKVirtualDesignTrail 😊
- #MKDesignStories – Tell us in 220 Twitter characters why you love MK
and its heritage. Pop in a photo and
tweet it to us. Don’t forget to
- New! #NewTownVideo – Show us in a 45 second video why you love MK and its heritage. Pop in some text and tweet it to us. Don’t forget to use #MKDesignStories😊.
Our activities involve posting to Twitter @MKExplorers, though by using Hashtags you can post to Facebook or Instagram too. And it involves you knowing a little bit of research about your local area. Will you be a savvy search engine user, or will you be more innovative and active and go for a walk or even a bike ride to explore your local new town and take photos?
All our activities have a short 60-second YouTube Tutorial Video to help you plan your activity and get it online for others to discover. And we have created a New Town Research Page for you to learn more about Milton Keynes here!
And if that is not enough see below for extra prize opportunities!
#NewTownQuiz – Can you amaze your family with your MK knowledge and score 20/20? Those who get full marks get entered into our Quiz Prize Draw to win a £50 Centre: MK Gift Card!
#NewTownSurvey – Tell us what you like best about living here in Milton Keynes and its new town heritage character. The 10-question survey lasts 10 minutes and again all entries get entered into our Quiz Prize Draw to win a £50 Centre: MK Gift Card!
So 3 opportunities to win with the New Town Heritage Explorers and have fun too!
What’s coming up in Autumn 2020
New Town Toolkit Video Tours and Trails Workshop – Register for Autumn 2020
Want to test our new town toolkit in your local area in a fun way? Want to learn some filming and video skills? If you are then tell you teacher or youth group to contact us now and get booked in for our Autumn Workshops:: New Town Toolkit Video Tours and Trails