How can you get involved?
There are a number of opportunities for Milton Keynes residents, community organisations, and schools to get involved in the project.
BECOME A VIRTUAL LOCAL HERITAGE EXPLORER AND POST YOUR ACTIVITY ONLINE!
Become a Local Heritage Explorer as part of the New Town Heritage Explorers Project to bring the city’s architectural design heritage and social history to life.
We need you to use your detective skills to:
- Research your local area
Work individually or with family and use your observation and team working skills to build up a picture of what our new town heritage really is. Don’t forget to read the New Town Heritage Register documents online and here on our website to help you, as well as via your search engine!
New Town Heritage Register (PDF file)
Showcase Summary (PDF file)
- Take our mini toolkit survey
to find out about MK’s history, different communities, its landmarks, buildings and tell us what you think about the area where you live.
Take our survey
- Complete one or all of our new online activities
To begin go and watch our Tutorial on Milton Keynes YouTube Channel:
Then use your knowledge, creativity, and practical skills and post it online to our Twitter page @MKExplorers !
You can choose from:
- #MKVirtualDesignTrail Cycle around the city and take photos of MK’s heritage sites to add to the proposed New Town Heritage Register
- #MKNewTownQuiz: Gather your family together and see how many of Milton Keynes’s buildings, landmarks and places you can identify.
Press the link to start
- #MK2050City Make your future 2050 city in a box OR Draw your own favourite future place of Milton Keynes as it will look in 2050.
- #MKDesignStories What do you like about MK? – Tell us in 280 characters or less and tweet it to our Twitter page @MKExplorers
Further creative activities under the banner of #MKHomeDesignCity are planned across the summer.
You can get involved through our social media channels by